Sunday, October 24

Is That Dust?

I decided to clean my room last night. Yeah well it is hard to enforce the ”you go nowhere, do nothing till your room is clean”rule when your room is in fact on the brink of being condemned. Not to mention I have children who will point this out to me by saying ”Mom I’m not trying to be fresh or a smart mouth or anything but…does this mean if our room is cleaner then yours it’s clean enough?” See what I am dealing with!

So I decided it was time and I told the girls …you clean while I clean not breaks unless I take one. Alyssa did great, Lin didn’t her arm was hurting so I cut her a little slack as in ” you get this part done today and the rest tomorrow.”. Lets face it I was in a hellhole working my way out no way I could stop and help her. I am a woman on a mission and come hell or high water (maybe I should changed that to smoke) I was not going to stop till I had a clean room and bathroom I could show off to anyone who stops by. (Yes-even electricians…are you noticing a trend here?)

So I get to work vacuum in hand, dust rags ready, Windex at my side….and what is the first thing I see under my bed( besides the MOUTAIN of stuff animals Gunter has stolen from the girls and hid under my bed along with his balls…ok toy balls geez! Lets face it no balls have been in my room for at least 9 months and counting!!!! I crack my self up!) Back to under the bed…yes you got it the thing I hate most in this world (No not Brittany Spears or Kerry stay with me here) yes a damn spider!!!! Don’t worry I sucked him up!

Made my skin crawl.

Of course after that I had to stop and wash my hands. In the corner of my eye I notice a tiny sol ant wandering. Now since Ivan these little shits have been a pain in my …Ok I know you get it. The poor exterminator has been out at least once a week spraying checking…poor guy he really has been great but I don’t do bugs in my house!!!!

Anyways, I killed it and looked around the tub to find several dead ants there…I decided ok time to peel back this wallpaper and see if the damn things had made a nest.

I start peeling and much to my delight I find a few dead ants no hug colony just a tiny hole they must have been coming in at and I notice the paper is peeling so well…I decided to peel as much as I could without having to spray. Then I notice what seems like dust. Man that is a lot of dust behind this paper look at it all and shit it smells too! I think to my self. So I leave to let the “dust” settle.

Go back to vacuuming as I suck up yet another hairball colony I notice the light in my room is flickering. Then wham! No power! I get up what the hell? why is the power half on in my room and everywhere else in the house all the power is on?

Go to the circuit breaker no circuits blown. Great! Noting to reset ...why is the power out then? What else could go wrong?!? (Warning never say that unless you really want an answer!)

I walk back to my room and notice that the bathroom (which still has power) still has A LOT of dust in it… look closer…that isn’t dust that is SMOKE!!! And it is coming from my light switch, which is now brown!!!


Ok now what?? Smoke..FIRE shit Gail shut off power! (I know, I know but it caught me off guard!) So I shut off the power and take the plate off…fried I mean fried! PANIC sets in “Now what the girls are in bed? Are we safe? So I do what any girl would do I called my daddy!

HELP DAD what do I do!!!! Poor man woke him and mom out of a sound sleep…but he did tell me that since the power to both my room and the bathroom was off we would be ok.


Thank god for dads!!

So my room is now clean...yes for ANYONE to come in and see and so is the bathroom. Now I have to dust the rest of the house...after all I can't have the electrician come in and see dust!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|