Monday, June 21

My MIL

My MIL has NO idea that her son will not be home in 6 months. I thought he told her when we found out he was extended. But I found out yesterday that she didn’t know when she said, “ thank god he will be home in 6 months”.

I emailed him about it so now I will just have to sit and wait. I think he expected his uncle to tell her but I doubt he will. I won’t be the one telling her if at all possible. I was the one who had to tell the girls. I just can’t handle the reaction.

I love my MIL dearly; she is a very loving and giving woman who has had a horrible adult life. She gave everything she had to raise my dh right and she did in a time when it was extremely rare for women to leave their lousy husbands and take their child to a new state and start over.

My FIL was a nice man later in his life when I met him. He told me many times that he regretted the way he treated my MIL and his son earlier in his life. He died young because of his lifestyle and I thank my MIL everyday for taking my dh out of that life. He is who he is today because of the sacrifices she made for him.

The thought of having to tell her he was extended another year is just too much. I’m still dealing with it myself. I won’t be able to do it.

Say a prayer dh or his uncle are able to tell her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|