Sunday, November 28

War Of The Ants!

Since hurricane Ivan I have been fighting a war with ants and losing I might add. No matter how many times the exterminator comes out, or how many times I clean cupboards, bait, and spray myself those little bastards still show up!!!

Never, and I mean never have I had ants in my house that I couldn’t get rid of. Once in Florida during the summer (aka rainy season) we had an entire mound come through the front door into the house. Literally thousands invading my house and I am happy to say I won that war. Within 2 days not one was left!!!!

I first spotted them in my bathroom. So I sprayed and called for the pro. Then I took down the wallpaper on the wall they were most seen to find they were coming in a small hole. I thought at that point I had won.

2 weeks later I found one lone ant wandering on my counter by the coffee pot. The one place that I use the least. We had a small battle with only a 10 or 20 ants coming to fightand I won there. Then a few more weeks go by and they are found in my pantry. I thought ”Ok here we go the big battle to decide it all” . I killed them and they were gone.

Again, I thought the victory was mine!

Again, I was WRONG!

Friday I found them across in the cupboard I store glasses, plates and other dishes. NO food items stored here!!! I have been fighting all weekend and I am not sure I will win.

I will tell you this…I sure hope this was the last of the rain for a very, long time…I woke up in a cold sweat due to a dream ants were all over thousands of them and I couldn’t stop them. They were playing in my clothes, cooking on my stove and they had poor Günter tied up making him watch as they took his food away!!!

As of today the only ants I have found have been dead. I’m trying to be optimistic; I tell myself I may have won this battle finally.

Somehow I can’t help but feel they are at this moment, mapping out a new strategy for our next battle.

Little bastards!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog provided us with valuable information to work with. Each & every tips of your post are awesome. Thanks a lot for sharing.
--------------------------
My website: No deposit Poker Bonus

11:25 AM, November 16, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|