Sunday, June 27

Please Think Before Post or Talk.

I regularly visit a site for military families. I find so much comfort and support from the all the spouses there. One of the things I like most is that we have male and female spouses so you tend to get a good round view of things.

Sometimes things can get heated. You get those Democrats in there with those Republicans and it can get down right juicy. We like to debate. It’s healthy and enlightens us all. My favorite part is that they post links to different stories and you get both sides. So I learn a great deal.

One of the members posted that she had seen Michael Moore’s latest and wanted to know who else would be seeing it. Lets just say many, many, many members of this site do not love Michael Moore and they let it be known that in no way would they give a dime to him.

Personally I think he is an ass. A spoiled child who turns to lies and fits when he does not get the attention he feels he needs.

Anyway the original poster of the thread turned around and made a comment so hurtful that I am still in shock. Her comment was along the lines of how military families(those of us on this board) continue to support the person (President Bush) who poses the greatest threat to us. And that maybe our views would be different if our loved ones came home in a coffin.”
The thing is, is that reading all her prior posts not once did she say if she liked the film or not. Only that ” It was shocking, maddening and tear-jerking” and “The audience applauded at the end and this is in a pro-Bush part of the country A must see no matter what political party you prefer.”

Yet she felt compelled to make such a horrible comment. I wonder if the families of those who where killed today in the Iraq and Israel have had their views at all changed?

I know people tend to say things on the internet that maybe they wouldn’t say if they were face to face with each other when frustrated, but I have to ask…please think before you post or speak to someone. In person, or on the Internet, words can be so devastating, and once it is out you can’t take them back.

She hasn’t been back. Honestly I would be floored if she did come back. There was no doubt from the responses that her mean spirited comments were not appreciated.

One thing about it still baffles me. She was a member of a board for military families. So she was in some way affiliated with some one in the military. How could she make this comment to us? She must have known how painful it would have been to read. As a military spouse I think it is my place to always help others like me. Some days WE are all we have. Never should we hurt each other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|