Sunday, August 1

Phew!

They found a teacher for the new autistics unit and she is the nicest lady. I will be totally honest when they told me I was very relieved but also a bit sad.

The first thing she said to me was “ Thank you”. It was nice to hear. Nice to know she understood and appreciated the 20 hours I had already put into the room. She loved all my ideas and asked if she could still use them, which of course I was happy to let her.

She also did something most new teachers (she just graduated) wouldn’t do she went downtown and raised a stink to get me hired in her room as an instructional assistant. Our principal also did the same thing. My name did show up on the list this time and it seems I am hired!

I can’t tell you how excited I am. Regular hours, better pay and benefits. I will miss subbing. I loved the challenge of it. The other teachers were all very happy for me but also upset…they had already been booking me in their rooms. I can tell you with hesitation that I was VERY good at my job as a sub. But I am also very good with autistic children and I love working with them.

I am in charge of the art projects for the year. Which I am tickled pink about. I am on line now looking for ideas to start the year off. Our theme is “Leaping Into Learning” so I need frog ideas. Age range is K-2. If you all have any I would love to hear them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|