Saturday, December 4

Holiday's Tears & Growing Girls

The tree is finally up and decorated. It took us a little while to get it done. Every time we would start to decorate it ended with us in tears.



This has to be the hardest part now, the holidays. I knew it was going to be tough and I thought I was ready, but of course I was wrong.

I thought really that it was going to be harder on the girls and I would be working to just get them through it. It turns out however that it is harder on me and they are helping me get through it.

Driving down the road to school the radio played announcements from soldiers, and some of soldiers their families who are over seas and at the end the D.J. said” Thank you to all our service members so far from home this holiday season. Thank you also to their families who are keeping their home fires burning.” I don’/t know why but that just hit me so hard I couldn’t stop crying.

Mom and dad will be here in a few weeks and I can’t wait. Rob’s mom and his grandmother will also be arriving the 23rd. The girls are just so happy they are coming. It will be so good to have them here. I know we will have some sad moments but in all I think this will help get the girls through the holidays.

I have almost all the girls shopping down for Christmas. Mom finally give me a small something to get for her and dad.

We are sending out Rob’s other boxes Monday. I hate mailing him boxes …sometimes it feels like I mail my heart with them. I have an illogical theory that if I keep all the things here he said he needs that eventually he ill have to come and get them. Yeah I know. Seems like he has been gone longer then 11 months. We 332 days till he returns. God I can't wait!!

Here is a picture of Alyssa, she had her Christmas Band Concert Thursday. I think she looks so cute, she on the other hand hated the outfit!

She has changed so much since Rob left. He is coming home to a young lady not a little girl. Lindaey has also changed so much. I really think Rob will be very proud of his girls. The concert was very nice. I am always amazed how quickly kids can learn things. Alyssa has come such a long way with her playing. I love to listen to her practice



Pictures posted by Hello


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|