Saturday, May 7

Me Under Stress? Get Out of Here!

I’ll start with the good news first. I had a second mammogram last Friday on my left breast were I have a lump they needed to check. Seems the mammogram I took two weeks prior was not clear enough. The results of this test came back negative for cancer. I was so relieved. Breast cancer runs in my family so I was just a little worried.

Tuesday night I started to run a low temp. I felt as if I was getting a spring cold. By Wednesday evening my temp was up to 103 and my throat was on fire. So off to the ER I went. Sure enough I tested positive for strep. Thursday morning I started to have a reaction to the antibiotic called my primary care provider, explained what was going on. Was told a nurse would call me right back…2 m ore calls to them and one to the patient rep office and I got a call back at 4 pm. The nurse tells me to stop the medication (thank god I was smart enough to figure that out on my own) and to go to the ER to be checked again since it was past office hours.( good thing I called in the AM uh!)

Anyway I now have good meds now I am fever free and my throat is under control.

I missed 3 days of work, and most importantly I missed Lindsey Colonial Days at school.

I am tired of being sick.

The doctor asked if I had been under a lot of stress the past few months. Me under stress get out of here! His theory is that being under a great deal of stress can weaken your immune system. Now this guy is a genius! I’ll
be adding more vitamins to my diet and I did join a gym Monday night the plan is to work that stress as much as I can out of my system.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|