Monday, June 26

" My Is That a ... a...a Penis?"

So poor Lindsey didn't make it to camp, she had poison ivy then she broke out in a rash all over her lower body. I called the doctor today and she has an appointment for tomorrow ( or today depending on when you read this).

When I came home from class I was patting her down with Aveeno when I noticed the rash has now moved from her lower body to her upper body...and arms. So being the internet P.I , I am ,I decided to look up "Childhood Rashes" on Google.

I was snapping on pictures Lindsey looking over my shoulder commenting on each photo.."that is nothing like mine....oh MY GOD what is that??? I don't have that." So there I was popping on pictures when all of a sudden there it was...at first it wasn't sure what I thought " Is that a finger? Baby's arm maybe? Then it hit me HOLY SHIT ITS A PENIS!!". There stood Lindsey looking at me...Slowly she turns away and she says" My god I think I maybe scared for life!" and walks glassy eyed out of the room.

At first I thought how did this happen then it hit me...if that was a childhood rash on a child God bless him that was SOME child. I can still hear Lindsey in the other room..."my god why me?.

If she didn't need therapy before tonight she will now...and this time when she says "It's because of something my mother showed me when I was child" it will be true. And so ends my medical rash P.I. days. But I have to tell you I wonder what that kids father does for a living...he has to be in movies if you know what I mean!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Yvonne said...

Sorry to hear that Lindsey did not make it to camp. But, waking up early and reading this I have to say I was laughing very hard. I can really just picture this whole scenario. Hannah is gone to camp for 6 weeks. It is a college preparation camp. UPWARD BOUND. She phoned home last night and is really enjoying it. Hope the doctor finds the real cure. Lindsey you can always become a nun!

5:16 AM, June 27, 2006  
Anonymous Kasey said...

Poor Lindsey, poor, poor Lindsey!LOL. I hope she feels better soon.

5:22 AM, June 27, 2006  
Anonymous sparky said...

so- sorry for Lindsey- hope she is feeling better. Glad to read that you haven't lost your sense of humor. We'll know why if Lindsay becomes a nun.

7:28 PM, June 27, 2006  
Blogger Shannon said...

I hope she's feeling better soon!

You know, my babies have had everything under the sun since we moved here. Daughter was the lucky one who had full blown Scarlet Fever. Quite scary to think when our house was built, this illness could have killed her :(. I just cannot imagine how hard it was to be a parent in the 1800s to early 1900s...

At any rate, she ran a really HIGH fever with a sore throat. I kept her home from school and the next morning when she woke, she had the rash all over her chest. They gave us a same day appointment when I called and gave them the description of what was going on.

The Ped. doc called in a couple of new, young docs and told them to take a look at daughter. She asked if they knew what they were looking at after she described daughter's symptoms. They all looked like Deer caught in headlights lol. She said, "Gentlemen, this is a classic presentation of Scarlet Fever...remember it - you won't see it too often, but you need to recognize it when you do!"

Just always impressed me for some reason - seeing young, cocky know-it-alls reduced to STILL LEARNING before my eyes heh heh. And yes, I have an unhealthy hatred of doctors, so I probably enjoyed the scene more than I should have mwahahaha!

Anyhow, just rambling as usual. Lots of hugs for you and Lindsey - hope she's all better soon!!

6:54 PM, June 28, 2006  
Blogger Gail said...

Lindsey had Scarlet fever when we lived in Alaska, only a month after our two month episode with chicken pox's. Lindsey started it then Alyssa got them then Alyssa got them again.

The doctor there asked me what I was doing with my children..."oh see I check the neighborhood see whose kid is the sickest and send mine over to play."

Jerk

11:47 AM, July 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|