Thursday, June 29

Wax On, Wax ...OUCH!..Oh Shit!

Tuesday when I bought Lin the Veet to try they had a small sample for face hair which I snatched up. Lets face it I'm a woman in her forties and I'm Italian...face hair is a fact of life, and I'm not talking the nice soft dainty face hair I'm talking industrial strength ok!

Any way...

Today I got a call from one of my special guys dad to ask if I could pick him up from summer school. I was more then willing since I haven't seen him in a while and I called my Katie's mom to see if we could make it a lunch date to McDonalds they LOVE McDonalds. So we were set for lunch.

Hurry do my shower and was very happy with my new Intuition Razor I strongly recommend it. Hey it's all about the hair in this house be it on your head, arm pits, legs, or face! So, I look in the mirror while brushing my teeth and think "my god look at that mustache! Then I remember the NEW Veet hair remover sample. Joyfully I get it out read the directions and think HA! Piece of cake.

Check my time...doing good. Place the wax on my lip following directions then I RIP it off! Not pulling up, pulling to the side only, per the directions. I look at the strip...lip stinging, nothing...check closer...nothing...look in the mirror the wax is STUCK to my upper lip....on top of the hair!!!

PANIC sets in , look at the clock, 15 min till I have to leave, where did I put the damn directions! Never mind I will just wash the wax off. Place face scrub on top of the wax...OMG THE PAIN...the soap is now STUCK to the wax. Notice directions on the floor....read through the tears, "DO NOT USE SOAP TO REMOVE EXCESS WAX! Use face wipe provided."

Face wipe?

What Face wipe? I never saw anything that said FACE WIPE!

OMG I am going to have to go and pick my guy at special needs summer school with wax and soap stuck to my face, not to mention the puffy ,red upper lip from when I tried to remove the strip . I know people there...I'll see parents of students I work with there! The kids will be traumatized!!

Breathe Gail...panic does no one any good! Trace your steps, maybe I left it on the bed when I opened the package. Walk out...Gunter gives me this look cocking his head side ways then leaves the room I swear I heard him giggle when he left!

I found the ALL IMPORTANT face wipe on the floor by my bed. And thank you god it worked like a charm...not sure if it was supposed to burn like that or if it was the added soap. At any rate my lip seems to have returned to normal and I used the Intuition to remove the left over hair. I'm pretty sure the one TEENY TINY spot that the wax did work on will NEVER be capable of growing hair again.


I am done with wax...I hear NAIR has a new face hair remover. A cream of some kind...I'll let you know how that goes.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god, I'm sorry but the visual on this story is just priceless!!!!

3:49 PM, June 30, 2006  
Blogger Julie said...

It hurts, It hurts, I can't stop laughing. I even had Jamie read it, now she can't stop laughing.

7:39 AM, July 01, 2006  
Blogger Gail said...

Oh great now my niece knows what an freak her aunt can be!

Ah she is old enough now to know the truth...after all I think it runs in the family so be prepared! LMAO

11:48 AM, July 01, 2006  
Blogger colleen said...

Since I have french and italian cousins i can relate to the facial hair issues ..but having worked in OR's where shaving was reguired prior to surgery I will tell you that the more you WAX or shave the "hairs" will return faster and thicker.. try electraolist or lasar removal for more permament removal...

11:55 AM, July 01, 2006  
Blogger colleen said...

ah yesa waxa ona ....waxa offa
REALLLLLY HURTSA

11:56 PM, July 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|