Saturday, April 22

Autism...Yes You Can Help

On April 29th I will be walking for Autism. For those who don't know it(where hell have you been??) I work with special needs children...mostly Autistic. I love my job not because of the pay( which trust me ...it is minimal) but because of the children. They are smart, loving,(don't start me on the Hollywood version of Autistic children) and funny.

They also have major issues that stop them from reaching their full potential and cause so much frustration for them they can do nothing but melt down. Imagine not being able to tell people what you need.


Here is a small list of some disorders an Autistic child may have and they won't have just one of the disorders they will have all of most of them:

  • Speech Delay or inability to communicate

  • Sensory Sensitive

  • Seizures

  • Toileting problems such as constant diarrhea or constipation and delayed ability to toilet train

  • Sleep Problems

  • Pica(eating non food items such as paint, glue, dirt and so on)

  • Lower Muscle Tone


The list goes on and on.

So Next Saturday we walk and our special kids will walk with us. I guess you know what is coming next.

I am asking all of my friends and family for a donation of $5.00 to $10.00 dollars and to add a little pressure I will tell you that Alyssa donated $25.00 from her babysitting money. If you want to match her donation that would be great other wise please consider one of the other amounts. You can send the checks to me payable to the Autism Society of Alabama ,write "Farley Team" in the note area.

God blessed many of us with beautiful NORMAL children who will grow and move on with their lives. They will reach their potential and master goals in life. MANY of my special kids will never be able to just tap into a fraction of their potential or move on with out some one to help them every day of their life.

I know our lives are all full, but I am sure you all can spare at least a minute to write check for $5 - 10 dollars.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My donation is on it's way!!

1:45 PM, April 22, 2006  
Blogger Gail said...

Thank you!!:D

2:06 PM, April 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|