Thursday, January 25

Guess Who?

I am going to tell you about a conversation and you have to guess who I had it with. Before you read know I have a policy with the girls they each get one Mental day a quarter from school. I started this to stop the calling from the nurse faking sick and me having to leave work. I never say no to the Mental day but the rules are, you have to make up all your work, and you can't go out if you stay home for any reason. Mental days are to rest and regroup. It has worked so far and they don't always take their days. But it leaves the choice to them.

?: "Mom can I stay home tomorrow and use my Mental day? I don't feel good, and I am really tired."

ME: " Do you have a fever?"

?: "No but I am really, really worn out..."

ME: " Do you have a test tomorrow?"

?: "No but I just thought I could stay home and rest ...oh and can I go to the Teen Scene Saturday and skating tomorrow night?"

ME: "I thought you were tired?"

?: "I am that is why I need to stay home tomorrow."

ME: " Is there something I should know?"

?: "NO"

ME: "Yes you can use your mental day, but remember if you stay home you don't go out tomorrow night, and we made a deal last weekend for you to go to the sleepover...so no sleepovers this weekend"

?: "MY GOD MOM DO YOU WANT TO RUIN MY SOCIAL LIFE COMPELETLY???"

ME: "I take it your not using your mental day tomorrow"

?: "NO, mom your so ................"( mumble, mumble mumble )

ME: "Glad we talked night"

?: (From her room).....mumble, mumble, mumble, mumble, mumble, NIGHT MOM mumble........


HEHEHEHHEHHEHEEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE I love being the mom!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not the "social life"! LOL

Yes, I tell my kids I thought that was my job. Isn't that in my job description--Rule #?-You are to take all opportunities provided to ruin your child's social life!

Love it! Yes, it is great being a mom.

5:06 AM, January 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The visual on that conversation is oh so clear in my head right now-LOL. Don't moms get to have the best fun sometimes-hehehe.

3:20 PM, January 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEHEHE-You description is priceless-
you should keep a copy for when she gets to be a Mom- you can show her that it runs in the family-

6:16 PM, January 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a horrible mom! You are going to ruin that girls' social life!

Ahahahahahahaha!

11:15 PM, January 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gail I have to say it is Lin. She takes after me. I always faked being sick so I wouldn't have to go to school.

3:58 PM, February 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|