Saturday, March 20

My week?

How was my week?

My well thanks for asking. It sucked! I know but beating around the bush is just not going to happen for me this weekend.

My week started off like any other week actually, took the buss of kids (bus being my mini-van) to school. See I take 3 middle and 3 elementary to school everyday. And my Alyssa who is in middle school gets picked up at the end of the day for me. And I take 2 back from elementary. Anyway it works great unless someone gets sick. That is a post for another day.

I taught 5th grade all week. I actually like 5th grade the kids can be a lot of fun but they also can have lots of attitude. Either way I tend to really enjoy being with them. I also woke up with the worst part of my cold in full bloom! I came home Tuesday after school came to check my email ( looking for anything from Rob) and it says which monitor do you wish to open too? Hello thought I only had one! I hit one…it says I need to reboot to apply I say ok. And that ladies and gents was that! It rebooted and rebooted, and rebooted, you get the picture.

So I call the people we built the computer with explain my problem and they spend at least an hour trying to help me on the phone finally they say just bring your tower in.

Now all I wanted to do was check my email and go lay down. I don’t feel good and dammit I wasn’t in the mood to go out in rush hour traffic. But I did.

Get down there they hook it up and it did the same thing there! So they say they will look at it and it will take 5-6 for diagnosis and 5 more days to fix once they know what is wrong! (Yeah I know)

I laid it all out…my computer is really my only source of contact with dh and blah, blah, blah, again you get the picture! So they put me at the top of the list and the next day (Wednesday) I get a call at school…this is what is wrong this is how much we will try to get it to you by Monday.

I was happy they had answers and a date. I can’t stand the “no date” thing. Thursday I have a message when we return from our field trip my computer is waiting for me! :O) (Life is good again right? Yeah you hold on to that thought.) I pick up my computer and it was $40.00 dollars cheaper then they thought! (Life is good again right? Always the optimists aren’t you!) I take it home.(mind you I still have my lovely cold the now has me wearing A depends from the constant coughing!) I hook everything up. IT DOESN”T WORK!!!!


I call them up, “ IT ISN’T WORKING”!! They say well maybe your surge protector has gone bad. We take everything off the surge and plug it into the wall…still doesn’t work. Did I hook up the mouse and keyboard right? Yup! They say well bring it back with the mouse and keyboard. I ask do you want the monitor too? Nope, your monitor won’t cause a problem like that. (Something about one signal sent thing don’t ask me!)

Take it all down (rush hour again thank you!) they hook it all up and it works! I didn’t know what to say. It reminded me of when you take your car to the mechanic and say “ it’s making a noise like this when I start it” and you start if for him and it doesn’t make that noise. ( You know what I mean). So they pack me up with new cords( for free, I like them) and tell me to plug everything in another room it could be the outlet my computer is now on is going bad.

So I move everything. (Still feeling like crap my cold is killing me) and I start it and it doesn’t work. Yes I know I said I would give up sex and cussing for lent but you know what…God should understand that I can only take so much. (Look at me I am a 39 year old woman with asthma wearing a depends because I cough so hard I can’t control my bladder and my computer is the exorcist!)

I call them back Friday, “ HI yeah me again it doesn’t work!” LONG sigh from the nice computer people. Then nothing. More nothing. Finally I say” do you think it is the monitor?” Another, long sigh from the nice computer people. Finally, “NO we told you your monitor couldn’t do this”. Bring everything back. ( yeah rush hour traffic) take cold pill pack up everything this time I took the monitor too!

Get there I hook it up for them…after all we are all good friends now. And guess what . IT DIDN’T FREAKING WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( hell yes I was doing my own little dance and singing too I might add) “ It doesn’t work, do you see that!! I told you I wasn’t crazy!!! It doesn’t WORK!

All nice computer guys staring at my monitor saying” it’s the monitor!?!?!?!? I think some actually called other computer guys just to tell them. You know even my cold felt better at that moment! So I buy an new monitor, take my computer and ALL it’s parts home hook it up and guess what? IT WORKED!

What have I learned…I was right…but of course I am always right! ( Listen it’s my journal I can play in it any way I want to!)

I bet your wondering about the money aren’t you. Well the charges were for backing up all my files so they could reload my system. So my word advice would be…back your stuff!

So, if suddenly your asked which monitor do you want and you only have one…you might take monitor # 2 and see what happens or you might just go out and buy a new monitor before you hit the “ yes restart my computer now”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|