Sunday, April 18

Walking for Autism

Saturday the girls and I walked for Autism. The Alabama Autism Society sponsored the walk and it was held at our school. I gave the girls each a sheet explained to them what it was about and ask them if they wanted to walk. They said yes and set a goal. We each agreed on $25.00.

I left it up to them to raise the money. Alyssa raised $87.50 and Lin raised $82.50. I was the lowest at $50.00. I was really surprised how well they did. I was also very proud when I found out they had both donated all their Easter money.

50 children every day are diagnosed with Autism. IT has now become the fasting growing developmental disability in the U.S. I work with autistic children every day and as challenging as it is it is also very rewarding. Autistic children are highly intelligent and loving children.

All About Autism

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|