Saturday, May 15

Getting it together!!

I know I have posted before about getting my act together, and I assure you each time I have said these words I have meant it. Today however is different.

I’ve started planning things like our trip Florida to see family and summer things as well. I am taking the girls to Visionland with a friend who's husband is also in the Middle East.

I had a great many people say to me
"When Rob is gone call anytime you need help and we will help."
Now after the termites trying to invade, the dryer not drying, A/C not cooling, van lights going off like lights on a Christmas tree, and a mothers day in the toilet ...I honestly know who those people are that I can truly call for help. I feel a real sense of relief!

I broke the news to the girls that Rob will be gone longer then expected and now they seem ok with this. Every now and then I get the question WHY? and NO fair!! comments but, for the most part they have accepted it. That is a big help as well.

Rob and I have started our routine with each other and I always fear (when he is gone long periods of time) that we will lose the closeness and the intimacy of being man and wife.

We have always had a very healthy sex life,and while it isn't the part that defines us or our relationship, hell after almost 17 years there has to be more,it is something that is greatly missed.I also miss the cuddling in bed, the fact that he couldn't seem to really get to sleep until his feet where touching my leg,and that he can always make me smile no matter how upset I am. Since he has left I don't smile as much.

I have had nights when I would sit and wonder how he gets to sleep now and after almost 2 years of doing this, when he comes home he will no longer have the "Need" for the old ways.

535 is a long time and for me to already be on the when is gets home will he still like this. Will he still want to do things like we use to… and so on seems a bit silly but on the other hand normal healthy.

It means I am looking towards the future and not somewhere in the house trying to take a nap so I don’t have to deal with missing him.

I like that I can now say I am Dealing with it and it’s the truth. It is I also a blessing knowing I have some great friends and family standing behind me to help!

THANK YOU!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|