Sunday, January 30

Get Involved! Give Others A Break!!

The word No has long been missing from my vocabulary. I enjoy being involved and I can’t stand people who whine and complain and yet do NOTHING to change things.

If you’re going to complain to me about how much the process sucks then you better be willing to tell me what you think would make it better and how YOU plan to part of the process to fix it.

I can’t stand whiney ass dependants who complain all day about how the Army is so unfair to their families and spouse and do only y that whine. Get involved!!

Join your Family Readiness groups or Spouses clubs. Be a Mayor in your housing area. Volunteer at ACS. Take Army Family Team Building classes and help other families. Offer information to Army Family action Plan. Do something other then sitting on your ass whining.

The same goes for parents who complain about education and don’t do the simplest thing such as join the PTA or volunteer in their children school. If you want a better education for your child you have to be willing to fight for it. To put in some actual “ TIME. Too many lazy parents out there today who want MORE yet they don’t want to help.

You also have to be willing to VOTE out the people you feel are NOT doing what is best for your child. It’s not hard, You show up at the school board meetings tell them what you would like to see changed, a way you feel it can be done and then let them know, they work for YOU!

Having said that I feel I should also remind you that sometimes you have to do this in a positive manner, threats really get you no where. Being a positive force will help you so much more. But, at least be there and try.

I have always been a member of the PTA, Family Readiness, and yes I have taken the AFTB classes.

I was talking to some parents at school recently and one ladies comment about my taking a break really did tick me off!

" How can you tell them no and take a break?”

While in Alaska I was the PTA President and on the board for 3 years. At this school I served count them 4 different positions in ONE year. I have done this for 2 years. Not to mention being on the board of the Enlisted Spouse Club where I also served in 3 positions for 2 years.

My husband is in Saudi and I still completed my obligations to all. Now I am saying NO. I asked the lady who asked me “ How I could take a break?” what she had been doing the past few years.

Her reply” Well I didn’t know they needed any help”

My reply” When was the last time you asked?”.

Conversation ended there.

It is a shame actually that people get so burnt out, if everyone did just a little to help no one would be brunt out. Every one would benefit!

Sadly I am at burn out. I need a break.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you could find Classes for a multitude of subjects on your area , like auto cad class georgia and they could be found by visiting auto cad class georgia

5:36 AM, October 17, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|