Sunday, August 28

My Girls

The girls are doing great in school and most days at home. I love the fact that I can check their grades online and we seem to be in a good routine at home.

This year Lissa and I talked and we are trying the year with out meds. So far she is doing great. If she starts to decline we will go back on them. I just have to let her try without it. She hates how they make her feel sometimes and the doctor said if she can do with out it then by all means try.

Lin is just the social butterfly. So much now I have had to put the hour rule back into effect. The hour rule is this…no calls or friends at the house for one hour after school. We get a chance to talk and unwind together with out interruption and this way all homework gets done.

Now Lin and I have had a few battles this week. They are usually about getting up. She can go to bed at 7pm and still not be able to get up when I wake her. That is usually our biggest battle, although, we have a new battle playing out this year. I knew it was coming but please at 11?

Here is the latest:

Lin:” Momma can I please wear make-up all my friends are wearing make- up.”

Me:”No, your too young.’

Lin:”But momma I am the only one who isn’t wearing mascara and eye liner!!!”

Me:”Good then you will stand out and everyone will notice your beautiful skin.”

Lin:(whining and you all know how much I love whining)”Momma it isn’t fair!!!! (Yelling in protest)WHY CAN’T I WEAR MAKE-UP!!”

Me:”(eye brow raised)” Are you doing drugs?? You must be to think you’re going to sit here and whine and yell at me!!! Lin your grounded go to bed!

Lin:(Crying) “ Why do I always get grounded!!! I just want to be like my friends!!”

Lyssa:(from her room)”Because your friends don’t live here and you need to be an individual. Besides yelling at mom you lucky you can still walk!!

My god at least one of them is hearing me!!

11 year olds wearing eyeliner and mascara? Give me a break!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|