Sunday, January 28

The Great Papon Hunt

For as long as I can remember my grandmother made me slippers which we call "Papons". I love my papons and when my they wore out she would make me a new pair. But as she got older she couldn't use her hands like she use to so my mom took over the job of "Papon Maker". She has made them for the entire family and many of my friends and their family members. Truth be told it isn't her favorite thing to do it hurts her hands after a while and so she stopped. I love mine and I wear then ALL the time. So when mine wore out I stole Rob's. It didn't need them any way. Well they have worn out. See for your self:



So I went to steel more...the girls hid theirs. I mean the nerve. So I went hunting...I found Lin's but they were too small. I found Alyssa's but they just didn't feel right....so I whined and cried and whined and cried to mom....who finally go sick of hearing me whine and cry and made me these:


And they fit JUST RIGHT!!!

Thank you Mom!!!!!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, my dear friend I love your papons. They are very nice. Guess what, I know exactly how to make them! It is the first thing I learnt to knit up here in the Northern Exposure. I have a pair started for Tim right now on my needles. I love them they are very warm and comfy on the feet. I think each of us have at least 2 pairs right now. Very popular up here. But, they call them something different here it is pronounced "peashoes" but, that is not how it is spelled. I am not the french pro here at all. Only some slang stuff.

4:48 PM, January 28, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yvonne Iwish I could knit I'm sure your slippers are a lot nicer than the ones I crochet and you were correct peashoe is another name for these slippers. mom

10:14 PM, January 28, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't mean to brag, but I have two pair of these delicious gems. When I am not wearing them I hide them from - well - anyone who might want to steal them. (My mom and my sister...)

Thank you Gail's Mom!!

1:23 AM, January 31, 2007  
Blogger Heather said...

I could fix your Papon for you. It wouldn't be pretty, but I could knit the whole closed :)

8:53 PM, January 31, 2007  
Blogger Heather said...

yeah..I do know how to spell "hole" but dh is babbling to my left again.

8:54 PM, January 31, 2007  
Blogger Gail said...

Heather now you tell me! HAHAH I tossed them but I am going to remember you when I wear these out!!!

11:20 PM, January 31, 2007  
Blogger David Rabidoux said...

Damn, Girl I don't see you for months and log on to check in on you and what to I see.... your dirty slippers.

Yes I called them SLIPPERS. real don't say P#$%@&.

Tell Alyssa that I am proud of her as well. And Keep up the good work.

Love Ya,

P.S. I know your smiling now. I am

7:20 PM, February 01, 2007  
Blogger David Rabidoux said...

P.S. Like my new Profile..

7:27 PM, February 01, 2007  
Blogger Gail said...

My god David you never looked prettier!! HAHAHHAHA

Love Ya

7:28 PM, February 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|