Sunday, September 19

Things I have learned this weekend.

#1
We needed milk and I needed creamer (Coffee just isn’t coffee anymore with out the creamer!) So we went to Wal-mart. The girls headed for the electronics (so like their father) and I headed towards the grocery isles. The closer I got the louder it got. BY loud I mean peoples voices. I arrived at the milk isle to see HUNDREDS of people waiting in line.

I parked my cart and proceeded to try to get to the milk and creamer…one lady turned and gave me a look like Who do you think you are??” while a Wal-mart employee stopped me and said .” the line forms by the freezer items.” I looked at her in disbelief…then said “ Are you serious? You expect me to stand in that line for Milk and creamer?? Is it free??

Half the people around us started laughing. Then I was informed that the line was to see Dolly Parton. She was visiting our Wal-mart to promote her new CD. I looked at the line and said No thanks I just want milk and creamer. Got it and ran!

Now walking back to the electronics I noticed at least 5 large signs saying Dolly here today!!!, I never noticed them on my way to the grocery Isles. On the way in I had remembered seeing the local country music stations remote van out side and thought nothing of it or the fact that I had to circle 3 times to find a parking spot. What did I learned? I have got to start paying more attention to my surroundings.


#2

The girls went to the Y.M.C.A. for Teen Scene night. The cost is $3.00 per child and they serve them pizza and soda. The kids can swim, play basketball, dance, play ping-pong and a whole list of other things. Each room is staffed and there are police officers on the scene incase of trouble.

The girls have been begging me to go and I have been hesitant because well you know I worry. You name it I worry about it. I did talk to a to of parents I respect and they let their children go. Not to mention I knew the two police officers outside and I trust their judgment. And they are locked in. NO leaving the building unless a parent comes for them.

So there I was my girls were gone from 8- midnight. I had talked about this for a week. Time to myself! It has been a very long time since I have been able to have time to myself. Rob called and I bragged about it. TIME TO MYSELF!!!

You know what? I had NO clue what to do with time to MYSELF!!!! None I was lost. Thank god the food whore was home to keep me company. That’s right I spent my whole time on the phone with her.

What did I learn? Before wishing for alone time. Find something I want to do alone!!! I missed my girls! I’m such a whimp!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|