Saturday, May 20

Last Day Of Work

I think next year I am going to take the last day of work off. When I tell you all that I am PISSED beyond belief, believe me.

The class I work in is awesome. I wouldn't want to work with anyone else. A, C & L are just the best ladies to work with. I am not saying we don't have disagreements, lets be real we do after all ALL PMS together, with the exception of L who no longer has PMS(pray for her when we do). We always have chocolate on hand and we always have Tylenol or Tums...next year we plan to keep a supply of Beno on hand as well! We work well together because we respect each other and we try to always be fair. A is the teacher and it is her class, but she isn't a control freak and we usually only have to talk her down during IEP time. She listens to what we have to say and allows us to use our abilities to do what we think will move our students along. Hear me when I say NOT all teachers are like this. Some are not. She always feels bad when she has to do MANY hours of paper work and isn't able to teach. MANY DON'T! And she NEVER treats us like "the help" SOME DO!

Having said this let me explain my opening sentence:

We have been working since March to get our room ready for end of the year. Every chance we had that a few of our students were out...we worked on the room. We didn't just hang out and take it easy. We are not IA's that take every chance to just lounge and waste time. We work hard and always are engaged with our students, we know our job. I'm not bragging I am stating a fact.

Anyway, like I said we have been prepping the room for months and the last two weeks have been working DAMN hard to make sure that on the last day our room was done and done early so that we were not stressing about getting done. We even have started replacing furniture we know will be too small for our students with larger furniture just to stay ahead.

Down town treats IA's as if they are "Insignificant peons" that is the impression they ALWAYS leave. Policy on the last day is this... teachers are free to go as soon as the room is clear, IA's are not. IA's must stay and work a full day or take lost time or a personal day. It's not enough that all year we are spit on, sneezed on, puked on, hit, in some cases urinated on and that we clean more shit then you could believe literally. It's not enough that we give everything we have to our students. It's not enough that on our evaluations we get SUPERIORS all the way across. Nope not enough. You know what we got....

We got to pack up the MOST UNORGINAZED room in the entire school. Why? Because this person can't get her shit together if she had directions. All year people have been trying to help her get her act together and all year she hasn't tried to help her self. And because of that WE got the great honor of helping her yet again. Now C and L where right there with me...and if it had been up to A she would have sent us on our way the minute our room was cleared. But it wasn't. And I understand why the principal sent us in...she has to make sure everything is ready for the summer cleaning. I get that really I do! Everyone has responsibilities...I got it. J another IA was also given this reward because his room was done on time as well. Two other IA's the laziest freaking people you ever ment...skated out, I mean people I have SEEN sleeping in specials while we worked. That's ok....I have the memory of an elephant. So C, L, J & myself packed "miss I can't do a freaking thing for my self" until we just couldn't do it anymore. (Meaning she started unpacking things to find things she really didn't freaking need!!!!)

Let me clarify something I don't mind helping others, and I have NO problem following policy. If Down town says we stay till 3 then ok. If my principal says I do this then I do it...what fries my ass is that we ended up helping someone who DOESN"T want to help herself when there was another teacher who has had a stroke and still works her ass off that could have really used our help.She would NEVER ask for help but if we had been assigned to her she would have taken the help and that the lazy FUCKS just got to skate. Rip Van Winkle had to help pack PE...can you say crock! He is in so tight with the PE IA and teacher they wouldn't report him for sleeping during PE. You see what I am saying. Let one of us need to take a bathroom run and all hell would break loose.

Next year I am going to do something's very different. It may piss some people off but you know what...being nice and doing your job just gets you the honor of cleaning up someone else's shit!

I was so mad when I came home I actually went on line and looked up other jobs I was qualified for. If you had even mentioned to me the day before that I would do that I would have told you, you were crazy.

Maybe by August I won't be as pissed as I am right now...I doubt it when I am angry I am angry and I am really freaking ANGRY.

1 Comments:

Blogger colleen said...

WELL IT COULD HAVE BEEN WORSE !!!! WE COULD HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED TO PACK AND MOVE NB'S ROOMS!!!!

8:39 PM, May 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|