Saturday, May 6

So Strange

If you were to come to my house and visit us right now you would think we were the happiest married couple on earth. Until of course, you saw the look on my face when Rob when he opens his mouth. I don't think he really understands that our marriage is ending.

He is loving and sweet, in all honesty he is the Rob I have known before Saudi. Then he talks about when he leaves in June as if it is just another deployment. I honestly think he has convinced himself that he is not leaving us just going on a job. I on the other hand am very aware he is leaving us and that our marriage is ending. The counselor hit it on the head when she explained to me I was grieving the death of my marriage. Rob on the other hand is sure we will be working things out while he is in Saudi and I am sure from his past history there ...dating. Even the counselor seems a little perplexed by him.Thank God it isn't just me!

It is so very strange how unreal my life is right now!

5 Comments:

Blogger Fermina Daza said...

I am so sorry. And I'm sure his cluelessness isn't helping. Ugh.

6:34 PM, May 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GAIL JUST BEING HERE THIS LAST MONTH AND WATCHING THE YOU STRUGGLE SO HARD TO KEEP YOUR GRADES UP TEND TO YOUR GIRLS AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR MARRIAGE IS COMMING TO AN END AND SEE YOU DEAL WITH THE MIND GAMES THAT HE IS PLAYING ON YOU IS UNBELEIVEABLE YOU HAVE GOT TO BE THE STRONGEST WILL MINDED PERSON I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED. YOUR FATHER AND I WILL ALLWAYS BE WITH YOU AND THE GIRLS YOU MAKE THE WORD MOM AN HONOR THANK YOU FOR BEING MY DAUGHTER WHAT A WONDERFUL MOTHERS DAY GIFT YOU ARE LOVE MOM

10:15 PM, May 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BY the time he wakes up and realizes what a fool he's been, you'll be well onto your own life. Stay strong Gail...he's such a fool...

{{{hugs}}}

11:21 AM, May 07, 2006  
Blogger colleen said...

So it's obvious to evryone but Rob..he's definately in serious denial OR he's convienced himself he's doing to "right thing" and not realizing what a selfish pig he is BUt then my husband thinks he's always been ther for our kids ...It's male denial syndrome...stay strong ..YOU will get through this

5:12 PM, May 07, 2006  
Blogger Haole Girl said...

Gail, you will be so much less stressed after he leaves. You are such a strong person and an awesome mom to the girls (and math smart too, Lol). He is the one with the problem, and some day he will realize what an idiot he has been.

4:39 AM, May 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|