Wednesday, October 4

Anything But MY Hair!!

That was one of Lindsey's comments Tuesday night...the other was "Why does this happen to me?!?". My mom gave Lu a neat little curling iron. The kind that is virtually burn yourself proof. It was not however, "Knot your hair with me proof" and you know Lu is a true blonde.

So I get in the truck after class and I have a voice message from home. No big deals I ALWAYS have voice messages from home when I leave class. This one I listened to twice. " Mom (in her little stressed voice) I was using the curling iron Memere' gave me and I thought it was like a normal iron and I like twisted my hair up in it like a normal iron and I kind a like got it stuck in my hair. Alyssa tried to help but its like really stuck so can you come home and get it out? Please hurry I want to wash my hair and straighten it for tomorrow and this like sucks walking around with this in my hair."

Ok how bad could it really be? We and I mean us women, have all in the name of beauty have done some really stupid things so this really on the scale of 1 - 10 is not that bad. Unless you are Lindsey and in this case you did it BAD!

First picture...Oh hell yes I took pictures:

Lindsey not happy I wanted a picture. I reminder her that this was one of MY my Kodak moments. This was after 30 mintues of trying to loosen it and it was no longer MOVING!


It took myself and my friend Katrina an hour to get this thing out. Katrina comes over 3 times a week to help me study math. Not tonight.

Picture #2:

This picture shows what is left of the iron once Katrina and I took it apart. There was NO way to get the hair out any other way.

Picture #3:

This was the last picture before we took the scissors out and Lu really began to get hysterical. I called Jen our hairdresser 3 times but she was not home. The next step was going to the bathroom...soaking her head in water(imagine she was willing to let me hold her head under water as long as I DIDN'T CUT THE HAIR) good thing for her I have a removable shower head so we could soak the hair with out sticking her head in a tub of water. WE added conditioner and we cut the bristles' into the tiniest of piece making sure of course NOT to cut ANY hair.

Any way we manage to free her, her head was a bit sore, and Liss was a little disappointed we didn't chop the hair but at any rate it was done.

I couldn't get a final picture for you all because HER HAIR WASN"T DONE!!!!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bless her heart !! The pictures are great- I take it- she is not going to ever use that type of iron again on hair.

4:12 PM, October 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!! That's too funny. And I can laugh because I once did that when I was about 12. Only my mother wasn't as caring about my hair. She cut it out. I was devasted!!

4:29 PM, October 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has she gotten over the trauma of the whole thing?? Lol. The poor baby.

6:04 PM, October 04, 2006  
Blogger colleen said...

Well It's a given EVERY middle school girl will do this if she's into her hair... KT did something like that at that age not quite a badly though!!! BUT truely NOT as funny as your wax on wax not off fiasco last summer

8:25 PM, October 04, 2006  
Blogger Haole Girl said...

Poor thing!!

6:30 AM, October 06, 2006  
Blogger Fermina Daza said...

Laughing hysterically over here. Been there, done that. Got the T shirt.
I'm glad you were able to get it out without having to cut her hair. LOVE the pictures.

4:39 PM, October 07, 2006  
Blogger Julie said...

Oh God, Now that I've picked myself back up off the floor I can comment. Laughing hysterically. We now know what NOT to buy Lulu for Christmas.
Anything with teeth!!!!!!!
What was Mom thinking???
HIde the rollers will ya

Maybe you should lock away all the hair acticles before you leave Gail. It sounds safer. No brushes, elastics, combs, clips, who knows the next fiasco may include a barrett. shudder the thought

Lol
Love you
Jul

6:52 AM, October 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mother braided me hair every morning for years. I hated it. When I was 11 she let me have it loose over Christmas. You know what parkas do to long loose hair? I never brushed it out and I ended up with a mat that would have made a golden retriever proud. My mom took one look and got the scissors. I'm 52 and I still haven't forgiven her. It served me right.

11:56 AM, October 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|