Friday, March 2

I Remember You!

You know that moment when you look in the mirror and you say..," Hey I remember you!!" it feels good doesn't it:o)

For so many years I have felt that I didn't know who I was anymore. I was the girls mom, or Rob's wife....and I lost me. I use to LOVE who I was. I to be totaly honest for the past 5 years I have been just lost and looking for me. The fun me, Gail that loved to be alone, laugh. go out and just do whatever. I didn't laugh like I use to and I haven't loved myself like I should have. I spent much of those five years trying to figure out why my marriage was such a painful, ugly place, and what was so wrong with me that he could just stop loving me, I wasted so much time.

I have spent much of my life trying to make everyone happy doing what I felt everyone wanted me to do. Now I am living my life for me. I can't worry anymore what people think about what I do or who I do it with. The past few months I started to see me again. Not Alyssa and Lindsey's mom, or Rob's x-wife...me Gail-Ann who loves who she is and what she is doing.

People will judge you no matter what you do...and life is just to short to waste time on trying to make everyone happy. I look in the mirror now and I say..."I remember you, I thought you were lost forever, I'm glad you came back!"

"You don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when. You can only decide how you're going to live now."

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN ! and WELCOME back !!!!!!!!!!

10:17 AM, March 03, 2007  
Blogger Julie said...

Sheeeeeeeee's Baaaaaack.
Finally, an epiphany to be proud of. You go girl.

11:00 AM, March 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's about time-welcome back you!!!
xoxoxo

11:33 AM, March 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to life..live it fully!
Great to see you got your groove on!

2:20 PM, March 03, 2007  
Blogger Gail said...

I wouldn't say I got my groove on...it just seems that so many people thought I had lost it and wanted to help me find it I just need to let them know I still had it IF I needed it. HAHAHA

2:33 PM, March 03, 2007  
Blogger Erik said...

Hey there, Gail:

I just wanted to thank you for the instructions and the encouragement to start a blog. Check it out and let me know what you think:

http://www.dailyempowerment.blogspot.com/

Thanks, Erik

10:24 PM, March 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|