Sunday, March 4

The Music

Music has a very special effect on me especially when I am stressing...it just takes me to a place I can focus. Every morning I get up have my coffee, read the news all while listening to my favorite songs. It just helps to center me for my day.

One of my class assignments this week was to write about a song that insipires or motivtes me. Easy assignment and I have been trying all weekend to pick just one, but it just can't seem to. I find it really ironic that such an easy assignment can give me just a diffcult time. I think a part of the problem is I am a romantic and many of the songs I love are related to romace.

I have nowrrowed the list down to these(if you hit the link you can read the lyrics):
1."If You Believe" by Racheal Lampa. It is a romantic song but what I like best is I agree sometimes you just have to beleive for your dreams to come true.

2."One of These Days"by Tim McGraw. Besides the fact that Tim sings it ( thank you god for that hahaha) This song to me talks about how you have to learn to love yourself to have peace and happiness in your life which is something I really believe.

3. "Never Gonna Break My Faith" by Mary J. Blige with Aretha Franklin. Ok now anything with Aretha is gold for me. I just adore her. I hope you really read the lyrics to this song...they will speak a truth to you. NO matter how much someone tries they cannot break you because God is with you. Just typing this I have picked my song.

Take a minute and email your favorite song and why. I would love to listen to them. Who knows I may find a new favorite and you know me I love ALL music.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually one of my faves is also by Tim McGraw-"Live Like You Were Dyin'" I don't know why but I really love that song!

3:00 PM, March 04, 2007  
Blogger Gail said...

Oh Kasey I love that one too!!

3:28 PM, March 04, 2007  
Blogger colleen said...

Try ENYA's Paint the sky with stars cd #5 ONly if and #4 anywhere is..both are great songs the whole cd is great

4:22 PM, March 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite song..

"Lean On Me" when I was in Mississippi I helped Edgar lead the church choir which was always a group of young navy students. He and I would stay late and practice and play around with different music all the time. We sang this song together and built many relationships with the students.

He holds a special place in my heart and together our faith grew with these students. To watch them as they came into training and to hear their stories and share special times with them. And, watch them change and graduate.

We all have friends we can lean on!

I love the new Celine "Miracle" CD.

5:16 PM, March 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|